On Thu, 22 Feb 2018 13:43:05 -0800 (PST)
Kevin Liu <annihil8...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Correct me if I'm wrong but looking at the directory, not everyone
> has a DN. Some users are only members of a group it looks like.

I don't think so. DN is the ultimate identifier in LDAP/AD. As stated
in MSDN: «The LDAP API references an LDAP object by its distinguished
name (DN)». Even a group have a DN so you can perform operations on it.

( Source: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa366101(v=vs.85).aspx )

--
Alberto Cabello Sánchez
Servicio de Informática