I've tried to set up the LDAP password management on our environment, per
https://apereo.github.io/cas/5.2.x/installation/Configuration-Properties.html#ldap-password-management

, but it's not working for me.

After much digging and LDAP traces, I found this:

Completed TLS handshake on connection 0x816bbc00
> DoBind on connection 0x816bbc00
> Bind name:xxxxxxxx, version:3, authentication:simple
> Sending operation result 0:"":"" to connection 0x816bbc00
> DoExtended on connection 0x816bbc00
> DoExtended: Extension Request OID: 1.3.6.1.4.1.4203.1.11.1
> *Unable to find extension handler 1.3.6.1.4.1.4203.1.11.1 in extension
> list*
> *Sending operation result 2:"":"Unrecognized extended operation" to
> connection 0x816bbc00*

I've tried using both the GENERIC and EDirectory options, with the same
result.

Is there any alternative way besides this?

We're running eDirectory 8.8.8 with patches, but I verified that that
extension isn't supported in our environment.

Chris