Laura,

Are you saying that when your client application's session ends, it sends a
logout request to CAS?
The settings for CAS only affect the ability to participate in SSO sessions. It
has nothing to do with the client application.
The client should _not_ send logout to CAS when its session ends, it may when
the user chooses to logout.

Ray