For the service definition, you should only have one, which is a
SamlRegisteredService. You do not need (or want)  a RegexRegisteredService
for a SAML service.

And as Matthew said, you should also set

cas.authn.samlIdp.entityId:             ${cas.server.prefix}/idp
cas.authn.samlIdp.scope:                yourdomain.com

I'm not sure it actually matters from the perspective of your CAS SAML IdP
working or not, but it may matter to the service provider ("client"),
especially if that's a third party, who probably wants a "real" name there
instead of "example.org".

As for why you're not matching the service, ASSUMING you only have the
single SamlRegisteredService definition (and not also a
RegexRegisteredService), then you should check that the entityId being sent
by the service is identical to what you have in the "serviceId" field of
your service registry entry.

To check what the SP is sending, look in the XML file for the SP's metadata
near the top of the file:

<md:EntityDescriptor xmlns:md="urn:oasis:names:tc:SAML:2.0:metadata"
        ID="http://workday.workday.com/newschool_preview";
        entityID="http://www.workday.com/newschool_preview";>

or

<md:EntityDescriptor xmlns:md="urn:oasis:names:tc:SAML:2.0:metadata"
    xmlns:ds="http://www.w3.org/2000/09/xmldsig#"; entityID="IAMShowcase"
    validUntil="2025-12-09T09:13:31.006Z">

Whatever you see in the "entityID" attribute is what you should have,
exactly, in the "serviceId" field of your service registry entry. Note
that  there's no requirement that the entityId be a "real" URL, or even
URL-shaped. The only requirement is that the SP and IdP agree on what it
should be.

--Dave

--

DAVID A. CURRY, CISSP
*DIRECTOR OF INFORMATION SECURITY*

71 FIFTH AVE., 9TH FL., NEW YORK, NY 10003
+1 212 229-5300 x4728 • david.cu...@newschool.edu

[image: The New School]