I am putting together CAS version 5.2.4.x, and I would like to run it as an
executable war, however the size of the built project is still too big for
the server I am developing it for. I have taken out as many of the
obviously unneeded dependancies from pom.xml as I can, but I can not seem
to get build any smaller than 309 MB.

Is there any documentation on minimal builds? Or does that seem like a
minimal size? Any information on how I could go about pairing down the
final build size and still be able to run as executable war would be
appreciated.