Ramakrishna,

This sounds like slow ticket replication. Does redis sentinel have multiple
stores?
If you set nginx to be sticky, will validation succeed?

Check your cas logs to see if the ticket is being validated. I think the cas
client tries to validate the ticket using https.

You could simplify your config:
location /cas
{
proxy_pass http://cas.server/cas