We had a similar issue with a service that was behind a load balancer. I
Benito@Unicon helped to identify the issue. The IP address of the client is
used in the generation of the session ID. Once our service went to producion
the volume of requests was great and the pool of IDs was limited by the
narrowed pool. So randomly, two users would use one session.

I don't know if that is the problem here, but, it is a great cautionary tale of
not...