I am stuck for 2 weeks trying to run my server case 6 RC3 with a mysql
database, but nothing works.
I am a novice, I read several tutorial on the web, almost all pages of the
site apereo but I can not understand several things that blocks me in my
work.

I try to solve problems as and when but it does not work, at the beginning
I tested with case v 4.00, then case version 5.2.x and now I decided to
test with case 6.

I have tomcat 9 and java 11 installed. I cloned master overlay case, then I
created a folder src / main / resources and in it I copied the folder / etc
/ config ... containing applications.properties and log4 file ...

I made a ./build.sh package and then I copied paste the cas.war file into /
opt / tomcat / webapps

Then I typed in my browser https: // myserver: 8443 / case and it works
fine, with the casusers and Mellon login password. I also have a real
digicert certificate that I integrated in my keystore and I modified my
toimcat server.xml, and the ssl works very well.

However, when I try to integrate the information to connect to my mysql
database which is on another server in my applications.properties file in /
opt / tomcat / webapps / case / WEB-INF / classes, after have filled in
some information about my database, I reload tomcat and I get a page 404 ...

Can you help me configure my server please, and especially better
understand how it works because the documentation on the site apereo is
horrible or too hard for me.

Sorry for my english, it's a french translation via Google translation ..