Hi Doug,

The cas.css file is generated at build time from the cas.scss file located
here:
https://github.com/apereo/cas/blob/5.3.x/webapp/resources/static/sass/cas.scss

Feel free to submit a pull request to fix the IE 11 issue you fixed.

As for modifying the cas.css file itself, you can download it in the
browser and place it in your resources/static/css folder and then make
changes as you see fit.  However, that could potentially introduce breaking
changes on your site if the core CAS HTML/CSS changes.

-Jeff