Hi Andy,

Took a while for me to dive deeper into it. In the end, approach 1 seems to
be the way to go for me. I haven't though about using the service access
strategy. So, thanks a lot for the pointer. Actually, the default strategy
seems to be sufficient already. I am thinking of using the
requiredAttributes property, see
https://apereo.github.io/cas/5.3.x/installation/Configuring-Service-Access-Strategy.html#default-strategy

I'll let you know, if that finally works out the way I intended.

Meanwhile I would also be curious if anybody else had experience this kind
of challenge.

Cheers,
Martin