Hi Daniel, thanks for your response. I spent a lot of time looking at
those. And although it's likely that we will ultimately need to write our
own policy or authentication handler, I was wanting to play with the
existing ones to see if we could do anything interesting with them.

But I was having difficulty getting them actually enabled with the
configuration file lines as described in the documentation. Running at
TRACE level in the authentication code, I was always seeing the "any"
policy getting run, and the "notPrevented" if it was enabled, but I never
saw any of the others getting executed, even if enabled. And the "any"
policy seems to run even if you explicitly set
"cas.authn.policy.any.enabled=false", which just seems wrong to me.

At the end of the day it may not matter as I don't think the existing
things will do what we want, but I haven't seen anything in the forum at
all about this stuff except one other unanswered question, so I was
wondering if there was anyone out there using it successfully.

--Dave

--

DAVID A. CURRY, CISSP
*DIRECTOR OF INFORMATION SECURITY*

71 FIFTH AVE., 9TH FL., NEW YORK, NY 10003
+1 212 229-5300 x4728 • david.cu...@newschool.edu