Hi everyone,

Dirk, thanks for all the suggestions, I 'think' I am close. I created the c:\etc\cas\config\surrogates.json file and it looks like this...

{
    "bob": ["mary", "jim"]
}

and I am referencing the surrogates.json file from my cas.properties file like this...

cas.authn.surrogate.separator=+
cas.authn.surrogate.json.config.location=file:/etc/cas/config/surrogates.json

When I go to log into a service I enter "mary+bob" in the username field along with bob's password and I get taken to the service successfully as bob (unfortunately not mary) and this is what I see in the logs...

WHO: (Real user: [bob], Surrogate user: [mary])
WHAT: Supplied credentials: [[surrogateUsername=mary]]
ACTION: AUTHENTICATION_SUCCESS
APPLICATION: CAS
WHEN: Tue Jan 22 16:14:47 EST 2019
CLIENT IP ADDRESS: <HIDDEN>
SERVER IP ADDRESS: <HIDDEN>
2019-01-22 16:14:47,559 */WARN [org.apereo.cas.authentication.DefaultAuthenticationResultBuilder] - <Authentication attribute [samlAuthenticationStatementAuthMethod] has no value and is not collected>/*

Any ideas on what I'm missing? I don't think I need the surrogate-authentication-rest dependencies since I believe that has to do with building a web page with surrogate users to choose from and in our case we are explicitly referencing the target's name with the personA+PersonB syntax.

Thanks!