From: Michele Melluso <michele.mell...@host.it>
Reply: cas-user@apereo.org <cas-user@apereo.org>
Date: January 28, 2019 at 8:51:25 AM
To: CAS Community <cas-user@apereo.org>
Subject:  [cas-user] [6.x] [REST Protocol] [Request a Service Ticket] HTTP 200
- empty body

Hi all,

we're trying to integrate Rest Protocol as described here:

https://apereo.github.io/cas/6.0.x/protocol/REST-Protocol.html

in 5.3.6 everything works just fine, we obtain TGTs and STs also in Jwt format.

in all 6.x versions we manage to get a TGT (also in JWT format) but when we try
to get an ST we receive a 200 response with empty body.
Our java version is java-11-openjdk-11.0.1.13-10.fc29.x86_64

the Api is called exactly as in 5.3.6 version:

curl -X POST \
  https://localhost:8443/cas/v1/tickets/TGT-1-sF-................... \
  -H 'Content-Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded' \
  -H 'cache-control: no-cache' \
  -d 'service=https%3A%2F%2Flocalhost......&ticket=true'

the result is:
HTTP/1.1 200
Cache-Control: no-cache, no-store, max-age=0, must-revalidate
Pragma: no-cache
Expires: 0
Strict-Transport-Security: max-age=15768000 ; includeSubDomains
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2019 13:48:52 GMT
Server: Apereo CAS

Cas log says that the ticket is created:
WHO: {myuser}
WHAT: [status=200-OK,body=ST-1-GiBOLycp8wL.........]
ACTION: REST_API_SERVICE_TICKET_CREATED
APPLICATION: CAS
WHEN: Mon Jan 28 14:34:39 CET 2019
CLIENT IP ADDRESS: 127.0.0.1
SERVER IP ADDRESS: 127.0.0.1

Debugging the following class i can see a nicely populated ResponseEntity :

org.apereo.cas.support.rest.resources.ServiceTicketResource.createServiceTicket

return this.serviceTicketResourceEntityResponseFactory.build(tgtId, service,
authenticationResult);

but no body is returned.

any help is welcome
thanks in advance