In just released 2.2.0-GA version of cas-client-autoconfig-support library,
there is a new configuration option to turn off ticket validation
interaction by the Java CAS client (useful for this exact use case of JWTs
as tickets). It looks like this: cas.skipTicketValidation=true

Once that's set, after authentication transaction, client apps will receive
JWTs in the 'ticket' request parameter(if CAS server is set up to do that,
of course) and CAS client will not attempt to validate it. Then you could
do whatever you please with it.

Best,
D.