At least on CAS 5.2.x with a Mongo DB service registry, the way you did it
was:

   1. Edit the dependencies in pom.xml and:
      1. REMOVE the cas-server-support-json-service-registry dependency
      2. ADD the cas-server-support-mongo-service-registry dependency
   2. Rebuild the server.
   3. Add the Mongo DB service registry configuration properties to
   cas.properties.
   4. Add the settings to cas.properties to tell it to *initialize* the
   service registry from JSON:
        cas.serviceRegistry.json.location:     file:/etc/cas/services
        cas.serviceRegistry.initFromJson:      true
   5. Start the new server built in Step 2. This should initialize the
   service registry from the JSON files and create all the entries in the
   Mongo DB service registry. (You only need to start one server; you don't
   need to start all of them if you're in a pool.)
   6. Use the MongoDB command line shell to check the database and verify
   that the service registry entries have been created.
   7. Shut down the server.
   8. Remove the JSON service registry properties (added in Step 4) from
   cas.properties.
   9. Restart the server and now you're using a Mongo DB service registry.
   10. Don't forget to make the dependency and property changes (Steps 1
   and 3) to the management webapp as well.

See here
https://dacurry-tns.github.io/deploying-apereo-cas/high-avail_service-registry_overview.html
for
a more in-depth example.

No guarantees, but my guess is that something similar would/should work for
DynamoDB.

--Dave

--

DAVID A. CURRY, CISSP
*DIRECTOR OF INFORMATION SECURITY*

71 FIFTH AVE., 9TH FL., NEW YORK, NY 10003
+1 212 229-5300 x4728 • david.cu...@newschool.edu