Hi Kaiser,

Well, I might not be the best person to speak for high load, since our CAS
5 expected stress level is much lower than yours. However, would still like
to make some comment:

> CAS architecture is inherently non-reactive and thread-blocking all the
way
I am pretty sure most core component of CAS is multi-thread enabled, where
do you get the info that CAS is thread-blocking all the way?

I have just look back and found one of my PR which fix a thread related
issue: https://github.com/apereo/cas/pull/3679, so pretty sure CAS is
mult-threaded.

> CAS is primarily used for extranets in academic world, not for wider
public audience (aka internets)
Our CAS is internet facing :)

https://apereo.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/CAS/pages/102927127/CAS+Production+Set+Ups
Here's a thing... The server listed are CAS 2 and 3, which don't have
OpenID enabled. So if you want to check the stress level for OpenID, you
got to either find some new data (hopefully in this thread!) or test it
yourself

> or maybe someone here can share a success story about production CAS
installation running at the scale of several million identities and
thousands logins per second?
This I cannot comment on, but you can always do stress test. It should be
quite easy to setup a JMeter to test CAS using OpenID
https://github.com/apereo/cas/blob/master/etc/loadtests/jmeter/CAS_Oauth.jmx

See if the above info helps you!

Cheers!
- Andy