It looks like you're using ldap, rather than ldaps. Is that correct?  I
recall when I was doing that I had to explicitly tell CAS not to encrypt
the traffic. I think just providing ldap://server in the ldapUrl is not
enough to prevent CAS from trying to connect securely. This is back when I
was using CAS 5.2, but I had to set these properties in order to
successfully query LDAP from CAS without SSL:

cas.authn.ldap[0].useSsl:             falsecas.authn.ldap[0].useStartTls:
 false

If you're trying to pull attributes as well, then the same goes for that:

cas.authn.attributeRepository.ldap[0].useSsl:           false

cas.authn.attributeRepository.ldap[0].useStartTls: false

If I'm right, and this is your problem, I would expect to see something in
the CAS logs about problems connecting to the LDAP server.

-Matt