Hi Bobby,

I have searched around the CAS 6 documentation, seems like there are
nothing similar to your use case build in (Althoguh it is still quite
possible that such feature exist but I didn't find it). I guess custom
implementing might be an feasible idea.

If I am customizing to add last use time, instead of implements from
PrePostAuthenticationHandler, I think I would just extends from the
existing AuthenitcaiontHandler and add my postAuthentication() function
instead.

- E.g. let say I am using JDBC, so I might be using Database Query
Authentication Handler (i.e.
https://github.com/apereo/cas/blob/v6.1.2/support/cas-server-support-jdbc-authentication/src/main/java/org/apereo/cas/adaptors/jdbc/QueryDatabaseAuthenticationHandler.java
)
- I would go and make an Authenticaiton Handler,
*extending QueryDatabaseAuthenticationHandler* itself
- Then, add the timestamp feature in the *postAuthentication*() function
- Afterward, make an Spring Bean overriding the config for
AutennticationHandler, which is here
https://github.com/apereo/cas/blob/v6.1.2/support/cas-server-support-jdbc/src/main/java/org/apereo/cas/adaptors/jdbc/config/CasJdbcAuthenticationConfiguration.java#L67

If you do it that way, there will be no need to create your JDBC from
scretch, and also have your last use timestamp implemented.

See if the above help...

Cheers!
- Andy