Folks,

I have an central application that will be used by multiple groups of users. These users are organized organizationally in LDAP as the primary system of record. However each organization will have a potentially different choice of which of my available authentication providers need to be presented/enforced for users in said "organization".

So I'm looking for away to trigger, prior to actual authentication, a dynamic configuration decision as to what authentication provider a particular user needs to be presented with, but all accessing the same service URL

I'm expecting I'll need to intercept the authentication request at some point, do an LDAP lookup on the user ID and grab my determining attribute and then based upon the value of said attribute essentially dynamic assign this user with an auth. service. This authentication could be LDAP, Radius or even subsequent MFA. Kind of what the MFA triggers do but dynamically updating even what the original first authentication factor would be.

I haven't seen any native configurations for CAS that would let me do this, so just wondering where I could hook into the CAS sequences/flows to do such a thing.

or)

As and aside or potential alternative I'd imagined a way where I could provide a particular user set with a unique service URL, this could be used to provide resolution to what authentication source that "organization" should use, but then upon authenticating redirect them to the central application with SSO. I would need however to prevent users from accidentally (or nefariously ) going directly to the central application and potentially authenticating with an in-appropriate authentication source. Is there a way to maybe configure a Java Spring App that it can only accept proxy'ed authentications or something along those lines.

Hopefully I've made sense in explaining my requirements here.

Sincerely.

Colin