Hey all,

We're having issues if we try and use SPENGO w/ MFA (duo in particular in our example, haven't tested the others yet, but plan to).

Namely if MFA is triggered on the first service SPNEGO auths to, CAS throws the following errors:

2020-03-04 18:07:56,981 WARN [org.apereo.cas.web.flow.resolver.impl.DefaultCasDelegatingWebflowEventResolver] - <class org.apereo.cas.authentication.AuthenticationException: Transition definition cannot be found for event mfa-duo> 2020-03-04 18:07:56,981 DEBUG [org.apereo.cas.web.flow.resolver.impl.DefaultCasDelegatingWebflowEventResolver] - <Transition definition cannot be found for event mfa-duo>

And then throws a stack trace and fails authentication. MFA works fine w/ LDAP authentication, and if the initial service SPNEGO auths to is *not eligible for MFA*, SPNEGO works fine (and subsequent services will trigger MFA w/o a problem).

I see an old post (https://groups.google.com/a/apereo.org/forum/#!topic/cas-user/CtKiXHXBMxU) that sounds identical to my issue and it looks like a bug was opened regarding it, but I can't find any further follow up.

Any thoughts? My guess is it is related to SPNEGO webflow (as previous post notes it seems to go straight to SEND_TICKET_GRANTING_TICKET on success) given the behavior.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Matt Elson