Benjamin,

We are running into a similar issue with CAS 5.3.15.1.  In our case AD is a
secondary attribute repository and we specifically need the objectGUID.  We
are seeing the same behavior where the GUID is not being converted
correctly.   We use a third-party vendor for CAS customizations/support (in
our case Unicon) and they helped identify a bug whereby it appears
the binaryAttributes property is not respected.

We are testing a patch to both the CAS person-directory configuration and
the person-directory LDAP implementation that appears to fix the problem
by implementing support for binary attributes.  I'm hoping there will be
some pull requests for this soon.  I believe I can share what we have
tested so far if it sounds like what you are seeing.

Jonathon