So as a follow-on Phase 3. I moved this whole thing to a Linux environment in the off chance that macOS's 10.15 funky overlay filesystems were causing me grief.

No joy.

Can someone do me a favour and just confirm that the cas-management-overlay out of the box build will work with a self signed certificate that has been generated with:

keytool -genkeypair -alias tomcat -keyalg RSA -keysize 2048 -keystore managementkeystore.jks -validity 9650  -storepass testadmin

As previously discussed, not matter what I do with the keystore file it throws this:

Caused by: java.security.UnrecoverableKeyException: failed to decrypt safe
contents entry: javax.crypto.BadPaddingException: Given final block not
properly padded. Such issues can arise if a bad key is used during decryption.

But I can open, list and verify the keystore with the same keytool of the VM running the Spring Container, I've moved, it chmod'ed it wide open, tried a simple no special character password, created a new one, put the public key in the cacerts keystore.

I'm totally out of ideas.

CAS Version: 6.1.0-RC4
CAS Commit Id: caabdd579ab6190a896de03ceeeb1b26d0bab81a
CAS Build Date/Time: 2020-09-02T16:29:58.419Z
Spring Boot Version: 2.2.0.M3
Spring Version: 5.2.0.M2
Java Home: /Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk-11.0.8.jdk/Contents/Home
Java Vendor: Oracle Corporation
Java Version: 11.0.8
JVM Free Memory: 152 MB
JVM Maximum Memory: 4 GB
JVM Total Memory: 370 MB
JCE Installed: Yes
OS Architecture: x86_64
OS Name: Mac OS X
OS Version: 10.15.5
OS Date/Time: 2020-09-02T12:30:12.658905
OS Temp Directory: /var/folders/3z/nw6030cx27vdg7r5ws1p02vr0000gn/T/

Cheers

Colin