Ray,

Thank you very much for your answer! I just found out that the real problem
was that the *idp-metadata.xml* had expired. The
validUntil="2021-12-30T15:55:*49Z" *in the xml was indicating a passed
date. I changed that and now it works! I think that the error message from
CAS could be more precise in this case, as when I read that CAS was "*Unable
to locate any signing credentials for service [Mi cool service]*", I
thought it wasn't even seeing the file.

And regarding the change of location you mention, I found this property
that seems to change the location of saml data (should go in the
cas.properties file):
cas.authn.saml-idp.metadata.file-system.location=file:/etc/cas/saml

I haven't tried it myself, but it may work. The part of the docs where it
mentions that is here ->
https://apereo.github.io/cas/6.4.x/installation/Configuring-SAML2-DynamicMetadata.html#file-system

Regards,