I agree with Ray that most of the heavy lifting for that scenario would be
in the application.  However, what is going on is that there are different
levels of access based on the session context.
So if I am able to log in simply because of a long-lived session cookie, I
have access to some parts of my user data.  But to make changes or spend
money, I need to have additional authorization, often in the form of a more
recent authentication.

CAS can still be a component in that kind of authentication/access control
decision, but the enforcement of such a policy is *typically* within the
application.  For example, an application may allow you to view your data
with a simple authentication.  But in order to modify or access your stored
credit card information, you may be required to authenticate with some kind
of MFA.  CAS can provide attributes that can aid the application in
deciding whether or not this type of access should be granted.  But it is
*typically* the application's responsibility to enforce that kind of access
control.

Thanks,
Carl Waldbieser