"source" almost always refers to and is "source code", as in either
Java or Groovy classes that are compiled. Everything else is some sort
of "configuration" file, or a UI resource, etc.

In practice, you should not arguably rely on this repository to build
or generate anything. Fork, and use your own. This repo is just a
"nice to have"; there is a good chance that it will go away once we
sort out the initializer in a few more extra ways..