Hello Apereo Community,

(Apologies for cross-posting)

Each year, the Apereo Foundation celebrates the many volunteer efforts,
innovations, and success stories of our open source community. Starting
in 2022, we will be building upon this foundation. We will continue our
support for Apereo Fellows and Teaching and Learning Innovation, as
well as adding two new categories for recognition. The four categories
for the 2022 Apereo Awards are the following:

 * Apereo Fellows: These awards recognize exceptional service and
contributions by individuals to the Apereo open source community. From
development to project management to other acts of service and support,
Apereo Fellows make important contributions to the projects within the
foundation.
 * Teaching and Learning: These awards recognize innovation in teaching
and learning using open source software, promoting excellent pedagogy,
sharing new practices in teaching, and encouraging more faculty
involvement in software evolution.
 * Enterprise Solutions: This is a new award that seeks to recognize
academic institutions, project teams, or others in the development,
deployment, and/or implementation of open source software that supports
the operation of higher education.
 * Leadership, Innovation, and Networking: This is a new, special honor
to recognize an individual champion or leader, although this award can
go to an organization as well. The recipient of this award promotes,
propels, and transforms open source initiatives to meet the diverse and
evolving needs of higher education.

Deadline:
The deadline to submit nominations for the 2022 Apereo Awards is
Wednesday, June 1, 2022.

Eligibility:
Anyone may nominate candidates for an Apereo Award. Nominees for Apereo
Fellows, Teaching & Learning, and Enterprise Solutions must incorporate
at least one Apereo project or community in the innovation or
contribution. While Apereo affiliation for the Leadership, Innovation,
and Networking award is preferred, anyone that has made outstanding
strides for open source in higher education is eligible. All nominees
must not have previously won a past Apereo Award in the last three
years.

How to Apply or Nominate Others:
Complete the online award nomination form (
https://forms.gle/FQqXChUyrB3tvGgV6).

About the Awards:
Recipients of an Apereo Award will receive:

 * A certificate of recognition presented during the program ceremony
at Open Apereo.
 * A special "swag bag" related to the award.
 * A cash award of US $599.00 (Non-US based recipients will be subject
to Federal US tax withholding of 30% unless all requirements are met,
according to our Vendor Policies page. Contact account...@apereo.org
with any questions.)
 * Registration to the following year’s Open Apereo conference.
 * Up to US $1,500 toward Apereo-related conferences and event travel
expenses, such as:
    * Travel and accommodation for the following year's Open Apereo
Conference (airfare/baggage, taxi/bus/train/mileage, hotel, per diems
for meals, visa fees).
    * Registration fees, travel, and accommodations to other, pre-
approved, Apereo events (airfare/baggage, taxi/bus/train/mileage,
hotel, per diems for meals, visa fees).

Expiration:
If an award recipient has not accepted their award within 6 months of
written notification, the award expires. All funds must be used within
eighteen months from the date of the award.

Acknowledgments:
The Apereo Awards would not be possible without the time, effort, and
passion of our Apereo community members. We want to thank Anthony Whyte
for his many years of service to the Apereo Fellows program and prior
Apereo and Sakai Fellows for their Apereo Fellows committee service. We
want to thank the many members of the Apereo Teaching and Learning
Committee for their dedication to evaluating Apereo Teaching and
Learning Awards (ATLAS) applications and promoting teaching and
learning success throughout our member institutions, with special
recognition to ATLAS Leadership over the years.

Learn more about:
 * Open Apereo 2022 (http://conference.apereo.org/)
 * Apereo Projects and Communities (
https://www.apereo.org/content/projects-communities)