I'm a sysadmin with no spring/java/cas experience, but I've been tasked
with taking a cas instance deployed by a vendor in ~2014 and bringing it up
to date with modern cas.  I've read the docs extensively, but I'm still
feeling like I may be making structural mistakes that I'd like someone with
more experienced eyes to consider.

Presently, I'm working with 2 individual servers, one with cas configserver
and cas management server, then another 1 (which will ultimately become one
of many) cas server.  I am deploying all of them from initializr.  The
thought was that the configserver and management server are on their own
system and the main cas servers will talk to that.  Presently, they are
each operating as their own service under tomcat under their own ports.

The config server currently is presenting 4 profiles which I've separated
into their own "application-<profile>.properties" on the cas config
server.  Those are "common" "ldap" "dev" and "prod".  Then, in the
individual bootstrap.properties files that would go into building the
client overlay, I can specify which profiles to use.  This seems to be
working well; I'll change the bootstrap.properties and redeploy and I see
the changes.

For now, for the dev build out, we're using JMS ticket registry and I'd
like to use JSON for my service registry.  Eventually I'd like the json
repository to be located on the config server and accessed remotely from
the front ends, but for now, it is on the front end configured with
"file://etc/cas/services-repo".  In testing, the only service I'm adding
now is the management server.  I haven't gotten to the point of adding
actual services yet.

Am I approaching this in a sane way?  It seems to be working thus far, but
the criticality of the system and my unfamiliarity with this ecosystem
makes me want a second opinion.