Currently (v5.3) we have a locally added "getstatus" endpoint that the
LoadBalancers use to check if the server is up or not.  We couldn't seem to
add this in v6 (not sure how long the developer tried).  I remember we used
the status endpoint in v5 but that would take too long for the LB and it
would state the server was down when it wasn't.

Is there is simple v6 endpoint that we could use for this.  I found
/actuator/health/ping which seems to be lightweight (haven't look into the
code for it yet).  Is this reasonable to use or is there something better.
Our LBs would be hitting this every few seconds so it needs to be
lightweight and return an answer quickly.

thanks,
ds
Rutgers University