I am using only LDAP (AD) as my attribute repository.

https://apereo.github.io/cas/6.5.x/authentication/Surrogate-Authentication.html#surrogate-principal-resolution

I am trying to get it to resolved the impersonated users attributes, but no
luck.

It appears that I have to have a groovy script:
cas.authn.surrogate.principal.principal-transformation.groovy.location=

Here is my config so far:
cas.authn.surrogate.json.location=file:/etc/cas/config/impersonations.json
cas.authn.surrogate.principal.attribute-resolution-enabled=true
cas.authn.surrogate.principal.active-attribute-repository-ids=core
cas.authn.surrogate.principal.principal-resolution-conflict-strategy=last
cas.authn.surrogate.principal.principal-resolution-failure-fatal=true

If I do need the groovy script, which since it appears to be required, what
should it be doing? Any examples?

I can login and the impersonation works, but without attributes it's pretty
useless.

Thank you,
Matt