Hello everyone,

If this is not the right place to post this, sorry and please point me to
the right forum/discussion channel.

I’m a software engineer (at neomia) and we developed an MFA plugin (Pulse)
to add a second authentication factor to CAS based on typing biometrics.

We developed a specific *AuthenticationHandler (PulseAuthenticationHandler)*
that
currently works correctly but we need some help to configure the
authentication policy. In a configuration where we have two handlers
(LdapAuthenticationHandler and PulseAuthenticationHandler) we would like to
have this behavior:

   - Specify a desired execution order (e.g. LdapAuthenticationHandler is
   always executed first, PulseAuthenticationHandler second);
   - If one handler fails, the following handlers in the authentication
   chain must not be invoked and the authentication must be refused (e.g. if
   LdapAuthenticationHandler fails – as first factor, the
   PulseAuthenticationHandler – as second factor - must not be invoked and the
   authentication must be refused);
   - The authentication is successful if and only if all the specified
   authentication handlers are invoked and their results are successful.

In all possible configurations that we tried (with the different possible
values -
https://apereo.github.io/cas/6.6.x/authentication/Configuring-Authentication-Policy.html).

The PulseAuthenticationHandler still gets invoked and we couldn’t figure
out how to stop the authentication chain right after the first handler
failure.

We would be grateful if someone could point us in the right direction.

Thanks

Guillaume Laroyenne
neomia