Hi,

I've just discovered an error present since CAS *6.5.0*, maybe it also
relates to your problem:

It seems like by accident, in this commit
<https://github.com/apereo/cas/commit/ba0929c6ab3147236ddf91b784127ebad6823748>,

a call to *enforceRegisteredServiceAccess()* was removed from the
*grantServiceTicket()* method (while being left in the other methods),
which leads to *NullPointerException* from
*ensureServiceSsoAccessIsAllowed()* (and 500 Internal Server Error) when an
*authenticated* client asks for a service *which is not registered*.

So maybe you've got problem in registering / matching service successfully,
seeing this error as a result? Even though you write "*before user
authentication*", so you say your flow is different?

I wonder if CAS authors can fix this themselves, or is it better to create
a PR for this seemingly trivial fix (i.e. put back the removed line)
ourselves?