Tomi,

If MFA is optional, then it can not be enforced, so the bypass makes sense.

MFA would/should be triggered when the user visits a service (you can add MFA
required to the service definition or set it globally, etc.).

You can set a default service that is redirected to after login,
https://apereo.github.io/cas/6.6.x/authentication/Configuring-SSO.html
cas.view.default-redirect-url

There is also this property on the same page,
cas.sso.allow-missing-service-parameter

Ray