Thank you.

I must say that it is confusing, but it was just a red hearing.

Starting again from simple Initializr calls and working up, my problem appears
to be about the dependencies.

This worked for me on 6.6.4:
-d dependencies=hazelcast,jsonsvc,pac4j,saml1,webapp
(Although webapp deleted the whole gradle.properties section and I had to add
back appServer= for the build to work and which also matches the docs.)

Now my Initializr calls fail with "status":400,"error":"Bad Request" if I
include hazelcast or webapp.

I don't see either in https://casinit.herokuapp.com/actuator/info anymore.

Per my notes, hazelcast was an alias for support-hazelcast-ticket-registry.

https://casinit.herokuapp.com/ui does have support-hazelcast-ticket-registry.

And sure enough, despite nothing about hazelcast anywhere in /actuator/info
this works:
-d dependencies=support-hazelcast-ticket-registry,jsonsvc,pac4j,saml1

I guess we just lost the alias, but I'd love to have the alias back, and back
in /actuator/info.

Does anybody know if there is still a way to tell Initializr that I don't want
an embedded container?

For now, I'll try just changing appServer=-tomcat to appServer= in
gradle.properties.