Hi,

We have picked up a weird issue during our development of a our CAS
upgrade. We are running two instances of CAS an instance handle only the
delegation authentication for employee/students to Azure Ad and applicants
to the second instance of CAS for on premise AD.

This issue when you try and run CAS configuration from another directory
e.g. "/etc/applicantCas/config" and the main directory of "/etc/cas/config"
is not accessible (not writtable).

The issue looks that either the configuration is not be read or or
something as I am getting the following error

Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: /etc/cas/config/keystore.jwks
(Permission denied)

Even though I have the following set

cas.authn.oidc.jwks.fileSystem.jwks-file=file:/etc/applicantCas/config/defaultKeystore.jwks

I have overlay configured with
    implementation "org.apereo.cas:cas-server-core-api-configuration-model"
    implementation "org.apereo.cas:cas-server-webapp-init"
    implementation "org.apereo.cas:cas-server-support-json-service-registry"
    implementation "org.apereo.cas:cas-server-support-oauth-webflow"
    implementation "org.apereo.cas:cas-server-support-oidc"
    implementation "org.apereo.cas:cas-server-support-ldap"

Tomcat is set to
with -Dcas.standalone.configuration-directory=/etc/applicantCas/config
Tomcat is set to run from user/group tomcat1012 (tomcat 10 instance 2)

The main CAS configuration "/etc/cas/config/" is set to user/group
tomcat101 (tomcat 10 instance 1) and hence the main configuration is
writtable from tomcat1012.

I think part of the issue that
in FileSystemOidcJsonWebKeystoreProperties.java the variable  jwksFile is
hardcoded to  "file:/etc/cas/config/keystore.jwks"

Should not the above variable honor the
cas.standalone.configuration-directory setting.

I apologies if this is not clear.

Regards,
Colin