Hi,

We use the overlay version of CAS 6.6.7 and because of Snyk warnings need
to override the version of Spring from 5.3.22 to 5.3.26.

I've been back through the log4j remediation stuff and tried to follow
those guidelines alongside an older requirement to upgrade Spring from
5.2.0, but am unable to get the generated war file to include the new files
and exclude the old ones.

I added a bootWar section

bootWar {
entryCompression = ZipEntryCompression.STORED
overlays {
cas {
from
"org.apereo.cas:cas-server-webapp${project.appServer}:${project.'cas.version'}@war"
provided = false
excludes = ["WEB-INF/lib/spring-*-5.3.22.*.jar"]
}
}
}

and updated the dependencies section with

compileOnly "org.springframework:spring-aop:${springVersion}"
compileOnly "org.springframework:spring-beans:${springVersion}"
compileOnly "org.springframework:spring-context:${springVersion}"
compileOnly "org.springframework:spring-context-support:${springVersion}"
compileOnly "org.springframework:spring-core:${springVersion}"
compileOnly "org.springframework:spring-expression:${springVersion}"
compileOnly "org.springframework:spring-jcl:${springVersion}"
compileOnly "org.springframework:spring-jdbc:${springVersion}"
compileOnly "org.springframework:spring-jms:${springVersion}"
compileOnly "org.springframework:spring-messaging:${springVersion}"
compileOnly "org.springframework:spring-orm:${springVersion}"
compileOnly "org.springframework:spring-oxm:${springVersion}"
compileOnly "org.springframework:spring-tx:${springVersion}"
compileOnly "org.springframework:spring-web:${springVersion}"
compileOnly "org.springframework:spring-webmvc:${springVersion}"

Where springVersion is defined as "5.3.26"

I'm presuming the issue is that Spring is pulled in from multiple projects
- but do I have to list every single one?

Thanks