ah ok thank's
i understand now, I confused, I thought it was like a fail2ban, but it's a
rate limiting system!

but it's badly done, because if I set
cas.authn.throttle.failure.range-seconds=3600
cas.authn.throttle.failure.threshold=5

it does not block for 1 hour if I have 5 bad logins

So I have to find another solution for ban , maybe by changing the log
format to have it parsed by fail2ban

Le jeu. 6 avr. 2023 à 09:43, Pascal Rigaux <pascal.rig...@univ-paris1.fr> a
écrit :

> Hi,
>
> Throttling protects against brute force, so the time you refresh the page
> *manually* the throttling has been removed.
>
> We have the exact same throttle conf. This conf allows 1 error per 2.5
> seconds: you must wait 2.5 after a failure otherwise it will be rejected.
> Our integration tests this:
> https://github.com/UnivParis1/integration-tests-cas-server/blob/main/throttle.test.js
> (it checks french msgs, but you should get it)
>
> On this subject, check
> https://apereo.github.io/cas/6.6.x/authentication/Configuring-Authentication-Throttling.html#failure-throttling
>
> | Threshold Rate
> |
> | The failure threshold rate is calculated as: failureThreshold /
> failureRangeInSeconds. For instance, the failure rate for the above
> scenario would be 0.333333. An authentication
> attempt may be considered throttled if the request submission rate
> (calculated as the difference between the current date and the last
> submission date) exceeds the failure
> threshold rate.
>
> cu
>

> On 05/04/2023 16:14, William Vincent (Wix31) wrote:
> > Hello
> > I have a problem with throttling
> > When I do a lot of unsuccessful tries I get the message "Unauthorized
> access You have entered the wrong password too many times in a row. You
> have been rejected.".
> > But if I refresh the page, the form is displayed and in
> "cas/actuator/throttles" the line with my ip disappears
> > How do I make this persistent?
> > Maybe also would it be possible to send this ip to nftables?
> > Thanks in advance
> >

> > My configuration :
> > CAS 6.6.6
> >
> > build.graddle:
> >      //authentication/Configuring-Authentication-Throttling = secu DDOS
> >      implementation
> "org.apereo.cas:cas-server-support-throttle-bucket4j:${project.'cas.version'}"
> >      //authentication/Configuring-Authentication-Throttling = secu Brute
> Force
> >      implementation
> "org.apereo.cas:cas-server-support-throttle:${project.'cas.version'}"
> >
> > cas.properties:
> > # Sécurité DDOS / Brute force
> > cas.authn.throttle.failure.range-seconds=30
> > cas.authn.throttle.failure.threshold=12
> > cas.authn.throttle.core.username-parameter=username
> >
> > # Throttle DDOS
> > cas.authn.throttle.bucket4j.blocking=true
> > cas.authn.throttle.bucket4j.enabled=true
> > cas.authn.throttle.bucket4j.bandwidth[0].duration=PT60S
> > cas.authn.throttle.bucket4j.bandwidth[0].capacity=50
> >
> > --
> > - Website: https://apereo.github.io/cas <https://apereo.github.io/cas>
> > - Gitter Chatroom: https://gitter.im/apereo/cas <
> https://gitter.im/apereo/cas>
> > - List Guidelines: https://goo.gl/1VRrw7 <https://goo.gl/1VRrw7>
> > - Contributions: https://goo.gl/mh7qDG <https://goo.gl/mh7qDG>
> > ---
> [...]

-- William VINCENT Administrateur systèmes et réseaux