With CAS 6.6.x (current tests were with the CAS 6.6.6 and 6.6.7 overlay) I
get from the OAuth endpoint oauth2.0/profile all the authentication
attributes in addition to the attributes that should be released according
to the attributeReleasePolicy in the service definition.

Unwanted parts of profile endpoint:
"org.apereo.cas.authentication.Authentication": {
"authenticationDate": "xxx",
"principal": {
"@class": "org.apereo.cas.authentication.principal.SimplePrincipal",
"id": "xx",
"attributes": {
... all available attributes and values and not only the ones from the
release policy.. "
"credentials": { ...
}

I tried to set configurations so that the endpoint does not release the
authentication attributes in the profile endpoint.

I set in the attribute release policy within the attributeReleasePolicy:
  "authorizedToReleaseAuthenticationAttributes": false
I set in the cas.properties and tried:
cas.authn.authentication-attribute-release.enabled=false

And I tested
cas.authn.authentication-attribute-release.never-release=authenticationMethod,successfulAuthenticationHandlers,authenticationDate
with
cas.authn.authentication-attribute-release.enabled=false
and also tested
cas.authn.authentication-attribute-release.enabled=true

And I tested to reduce the information by only setting the
authenticationDate, but also without consequences to the information of the
endpoint
cas.authn.authentication-attribute-release.enabled=true
cas.authn.authentication-attribute-release.only-release=authenticationDate

All configurations did not have any consequences at all on the profile
endpoint.
Any other ideas how to reduce the released information? Did I miss the
right property for the proper configuration?

With our running CAS 6.5.x the profile endpoint is alright as I only get
back the "service", "attributes" (the ones from the attributeReleasePolicy)
"id" and "client_id". We would like to have a similar behavior with CAS
6.6.x.

In the logs I seem to see the "right" log messages. But as mentioned above
no impact on the bahavior  of the profile endpoint.
2023-04-27 10:33:42,044 DEBUG
[org.apereo.cas.authentication.DefaultAuthenticationAttributeReleasePolicy]
- <Attribute
release policy for service [.....] is configured to never release any
authentication attributes>.

Any hints would be great. Thank you in advance.

Best regards
Marie