Hi,
We have enabled JPATicketRegistry in one of our environments. Its
recommended  for production use as it saves you from session replication and
other complexities associated with high availablity.We have executed a
Jmeter load test with JPATicketRegistry.
The results seems fine. The server we are uisng is JBoss.
Regards
Hari
Architect.