Hi,
  I'm using CAS distribution based on version 3.4.1. So far client webapps
have used CAS in non gateway mode. I'd like to configure gateway mode for a
new webapp which serves public pages. However I can't make it run
correctly. I paste my current configuration.

*web.xml:*
  <filter>
        <filter-name>CAS Authentication Filter</filter-name>

<filter-class>org.springframework.web.filter.DelegatingFilterProxy</filter-class>
        <init-param>
            <param-name>targetBeanName</param-name>
            <param-value>casAuthenticationFilter</param-value>
        </init-param>
    </filter>

*casAuthenticationFilter Spring bean:*
    <bean id="casAuthenticationFilter"
class="org.jasig.cas.client.authentication.Saml11AuthenticationFilter">
        <property name="casServerLoginUrl" value="https://server/sso/login";
/>
        <property name="serverName" value="https://client/"; />
        <property name="gateway" value="true" />
    </bean>

The result is OK when the user isn't logged in but when the user has a
validated CAS session it doesn't show user information. Resulting flow is
like this:
- User goes to /portal/cms (webapp in gateway mode)
- Browser gets a redirect (302) to /cas/login
?service=https%3A%2F%2Flocalhost%3A8043%2Fportal%2Fcms&gateway=true
- Browser gets a new redirect (302) to
/portal/cms/aa?ticket=ST-35-4GbGiDc...
- The process stops here but there's no user information available

Please help me, I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong

Thanks very much