Hi,

It's a rather old article and you can't use the CAS server without a
services registry anymore. But the idea remains the same.

Defining precisely the possible services is more than a good practice, it
should be mandatory for any CAS administrator. Never define http*://** as
the only service, except for tests of course.

Security requires time and efforts. One would never install a Linux server
and open all ports and allow directories for write to anyone: the same
applies for the CAS server.

We are heading more and more towards security and your proposal is close to
the ones we made (at the CAS AppSec working group):
https://wiki.jasig.org/display/CAS/Proposals+to+mitigate+security+risks and
are implementing since 4.0.

Since CAS 4.0, the CAS server doesn't also ship with the default handler
(login = pwd).

There is not issue with the CAS server security itself, the problem is that
people are not fully aware of all (the consequences of) the (default)
settings. And things are going to be more and more restrictive to help CAS
deployers gain the right perspective on this.

Any contribution will always be appreciated.

Thanks.
Best regards,

Jérôme LELEU
Founder of CAS in the cloud: www.casinthecloud.com | Twitter: @leleuj