John,

Thanks for your help .. I built 3.5.2.1 using the same method (copying files
from source, modify per Unicorn/EWU docs, etc.) with the same 4 things in my
pom.xml .. here is the error on deploy :

Sep 4, 2014 2:44:48 PM org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext log

SEVERE: SafeContextLoaderListener:

The Spring ContextLoaderListener we wrap threw on contextInitialized.

But for our having caught this error, the web application context would not
have initialized.

with name 'centralAuthenticationService' defined in ServletContext resource
[/WEB-INF/spring-configuration/applicationContext.xml]: Cannot resolve
reference to bean 'authenticationManager' while setting bean property
'authenticationManager'; nested exception is
with name 'authenticationManager' defined in ServletContext resource
[/WEB-INF/deployerConfigContext.xml]: Cannot create inner bean
'org.jasig.cas.support.wsfederation.authentication.principal.WsFederationCredentialsToPrincipalResolver#1bd7643a'
 of type
[org.jasig.cas.support.wsfederation.authentication.principal.WsFederationCredentialsToPrincipalResolver]
 while setting bean property 'credentialsToPrincipalResolvers' with key [2];
nested exception is
org.springframework.beans.factory.CannotLoadBeanClassException: Cannot find
class
[org.jasig.cas.support.wsfederation.authentication.principal.WsFederationCredentialsToPrincipalResolver]
 for bean with name
'org.jasig.cas.support.wsfederation.authentication.principal.WsFederationCredentialsToPrincipalResolver#1bd7643a'
 defined in ServletContext resource [/WEB-INF/deployerConfigContext.xml];
nested exception is java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
org.jasig.cas.support.wsfederation.authentication.principal.WsFederationCredentialsToPrincipalResolver

so no further along ?

Thanks,

~Mike.