The prerequis is :
http://jasig.github.io/cas/4.0.0/planning/Installation-Requirements.html

Maven >= 3.0.0, it's for this reason that you have error .

Go on maven website
http://maven.apache.org/download.cgi

download latest version

you don't have to compile anything, just put maven's bin into /usb/bin

and launch maven --version for see the new version .

And careful in the latest version of cas server, there is a bug :
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/jasig-cas-user/4Y9thx8nMLE

So after install latest version of maven modifie a pom.xml ( see link )

let me know

: