Hello Clifford,

Thank you very much for the detailed response, and it is good to know Peralex
is overlooking the correspondence. I confess to being a little frustrated at
the end of the day yesterday, so may have been a bit grumpy.  Adam bore the
brunt, and I really do appreciate his patient, good tempered, and helpful
response.

Today starts afresh:
—I get you on your philosophy regarding end users never removing the lids.
This JTAG effort will actually be the second time this is done, in an offline
correspondence Amish suggested removing the 40 GigE NICs which it was thought
might magically convince the 1GigE to come back to life (it didn’t).  I think
the unit bricked when Mark followed a procedure to reflash the firmware in the
original set of docs Adam sent, which in a phone support con they said had
become obsolete.  Mark/Adam/Amish/André can fill in the blanks.

—regarding the user experience I was probably (or certainly) over the top in
requesting a kit of expensive cables, F/O adapters etc.  Though it is a nice
feeling opening one of those Xilinx eval kits with all the goodies.  It is just
something to consider. Certainly the quick start guide, perhaps on paper, is
important.  André had certain opinions on this, and I guess they reduce to “if
you were selling to a non-CASPER industry user, it would be more important to
show the support coming from Peralex”. Actually, in the US, it would be useful
for Cyntony to develop some support capacity.  This is just feedback, worth
what you paid for it.  We’re getting along ok, and I hope even better than that
in a day.

Have a great holiday all.

Cheers,

Jonathan