Hi Beatriz,

There is no membership required. You just need to subscribe to the CASPER
email list - see home page of the link below:

https://casper.berkeley.edu

If you have any problems with your ROACH then you can search through the
mail archives to find out if any similar issues have occurred and what
their solutions are. You can also email the casper list if you are having
any issues. The whole CASPER (Collaboration for Asronomy Signal Processing
and Electronics Research) idea is that everyone is working off the same
hardware platforms and hence, builds a good database of information, so
that each new user doesn't have to start from scratch again.

You will also find hardware and software information on the above link.
There are some good tutorials that will allow the user to get started using
ROACH/ROACH2 for the first time. Good luck!

The CASPER conference 2017 is taking place next week from Monday - Friday.
It is in Pasadena at CalTech, but before you attend you need to speak to
Jonathon Kocz - email cc'ed below t find out if there is space.

KInd regards,

Adam

On Wed, Aug 9, 2017 at 2:04 PM, Beatriz Garcia <beatrizgarcia...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> If you do not know what being a member is...me neither, I am new.
> I will ask the company
> thanks for your mail
>

> *Beatriz García*
> ITeDAM (CNEA-CONICET-UNSAM)
> UTN Facultad Mendoza, Lab. Pierre Auger

> ****************
> CNEA Cuyo
> Figueroa Alcorta 122, 5501 Godoy Cruz, Mendoza, Argentina
> ****************
> Phone Movil:   54 9 261  5070816
>

> *“Resistencia y hermoso sonido como tiene la tirantez de un arco. Así
> quiero vivir hasta que muera.”(Strength and a beautiful sound like in the
> tautness of a bow. I want to live like this until the day I die.)*
> Kim Ki Duk, The Bow/El Arco.
>
> Antes de imprimir este email piense bien si es realmente necesario.
>

> On Wed, Aug 9, 2017 at 6:02 PM, Madden, Timothy J. <tmad...@aps.anl.gov>
> wrote:
>

>> We have been using a ROACH for several years, and I have found the CASPER
>> mailing lists to be useful, and the community helpful. Not sure what being
>> a "member" of Casper is. We do not pay any fee. We just joined the mailing
>> list. There are ROACH  conferences once a year. I have not gone, but wish I
>> have because they seem useful.
>>
>> Tim Madden
>> Argonne Lab
>>

>> ------------------------------

[image: SKA_banner]

Best Regards / Vriendelike Groete

*Adam Isaacson*
Hardware Manager

[image: SKA_banner][image: SKA_banner]
[image: SKA_banner]   (+27) 82 563 9602 [image: SKA_banner]   3rd Floor,
The Park, Park Road,
[image: SKA_banner]   (+27) 21 506 7300     Pinelands
[image: SKA_banner]   (+27) 21 506 7375     7405
[image: SKA_banner]   www.ska.ac.za     South Africa