Hi Beatriz,

Welcome to the CASPER mail list!

There is no formal membership of the collaboration. Whatever you are using
CASPER hardware or software for, this mail list is the place to post
questions, get help, or announce things you've built or are willing to
share.

Having said that, manufacturers of the hardware we use (like Peralex /
Cyntony) may (or may not!) choose to offer CASPER users discounted prices
on hardware compared to their commercial clients. The CASPER advisory board
decided that for the purposes of these discounts, if we are ever asked by a
manufacturer, we will confirm that somebody is "a CASPER person" if they
are using their hardware for pure scientific research, rather than for
commercial or industrial endeavors. The process for this hasn't been
formalized -- basically, when you order CASPER hardware like SKARABs, let
the distributor know you are part of the collaboration. If they want this
confirming, they will get in touch with one of the CASPER advisory board
members, and if necessary they will get in touch with you. So introducing
yourself here is probably the most important step!

It's worth saying that the pricing of hardware is *not* controlled by
CASPER - the prices are entirely set by the manufacturers and distributors
we work with. Obviously we try and encourage them to make their hardware
affordable for those working in universities and research institutions, but
ultimately the prices you will be quoted are at their discretion.

Best wishes,

Jack