Ryan,
Thank you for your response.
You are right, I first considered the 1 GbE port but this implies to
restructure the data packaging, instead of using 64 bits of length, as I am
right now. I have to change it to 8.
Besides the fact that there is no much information on the 1 GbE port, but
there is a tutorial for teh 10 GbE, which made it quite easy to implement
it.
Is not that it cannot be done, but design and test would take me a
significant amount of time.
If I could solve the problem using an adapter that would be great !  :-)

XB