Different apps will have different performance characteristics (and different key domains, which can also be important). So there are operational reasons to prefer cluster-per-app.

That said, multi table support is high on my priority list. The changes required are straightforward so I'd love to help someone dive in as opposed to just doing it myself. :)

-Jonathan