I assume the server also needs to be stopped while your are swapping
files, but what about if you have a cluster of several servers and
need to restore.  Is the process to shutdown all the servers, move
the files and restart?  Or can you you do it one at a time.  (I assume
one at a time might mean a lot of read-repair work happening, so not
a good idea).

Also, is it best to flush_binary (which I think flushes in memory
tables to disk), and compact prior to snapshotting?

-Anthony

Anthony Molinaro                           <antho...@alumni.caltech.edu>