Hi Jonathon,

I'd say I am at the evaluation stage. The only reason I am looking at nosql
type applications instead of using mysql is the vain hope my application
will one day scale to the point that mysql won't be the best option.
Cassandra appears to be the best fit for the requirement I have that
everything must scale horizontally.

The information I will store will be user accounts, user configuration
options, and other small data sets to start. Eventually, the largest
implementation will be comments functionality on urls for a search engine
interface I am building.

The only things i'd like to see is the atomic operations discussed a while
back, and an easier interface for python. Honestly the latter can be built
on top of thrift ( lazyboy is one attempt ) so I could just write it myself,
but you did ask.