Cassandra is a column oriented db, similar to bigtables data model and to
hbase's data mode (although implementations differ)
hbase, btw, isn't a map-reduce implementation, you probably meant hadoop
In version 6 cassandra will add support for hadoop so it'll have mapr, but
it's not the core of cassandra (current version is 5).